Parametric 2D Revit Kitchen Work Triangle Family (Metric + Imperial)
This parametric Kitchen Work Family is a super Family that calculates the Work Triangle Perimeter, the length of each triangle side with clear grpahics that could be turned on and off.
The Kitchen Work Family includes the following parameters:
- Triangle Perimeter (on/ off)
- Length of each triangle side (on/ off)
- General dimensions
- A masking region (on/ off)
- Text offset
While adjusting the triangle shape, the dimensions move along the triangle sides and update the dimension automatically.
The space planning has become known as the “work triangle”, which is the area of activity where the tasks carried out in a kitchen involve the sink, the stove and the refrigerator. The primary idea is that these three elements, connected by imaginary lines, are in close proximity (but not so close) to one another. Hence, the work triangle is designed to minimize traffic within the kitchen and to facilitate the access to the three appliances when cooking.
Read more on our blog:
The kitchen work triangle principle is used by kitchen designers and architects when designing residential kitchens. Recommended dimensions and layouts will vary with different building codes around the world, but some examples are:
- No leg of the triangle should be less than 1.2 m (4 ft) or more than 2.7 m (9 ft).
- The sum of all three sides of the triangle should be between 4–8 m (13–26 ft).
- Cabinets or other obstacles should not intersect any leg of the triangle by more than 30 cm (12 in).
- If possible, there should be no major traffic flow through the triangle.
- A full-height obstacle, such as a tall cabinet, should not come between any two points of the triangle.